Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2
Great documentation comes in small practices
This product comes with Free Shipping.
The rush towards computerized patient records is on. For medical practices, federal stimulus funds are now available to cover the cost of buying and deploying EHRs…and then some. But when physicians start using their EHRs, they’ll discover the truth: EHRs slow physicians down.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps clinicians – including physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, and other care providers – efficiently navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record. Designed for small practices with 24 physicians or less, Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps practices:
- Improve documentation
- Eliminate transcription costs
- Increase physician satisfaction
- Enhance efficiency
- Increase practice profitability
Dragon Medical Practice Edition can be purchased from over 200 Value Added Partners throughout North America.
- Improve care efficiency. Dragon Medical Practice Edition offers virtually instant response time, saving clinicians valuable minutes in their day – no more waiting for transcribed reports or needing to type into their EHRs.
- Reduce transcription and the cost of documentation. Using speech recognition technology, clinicians dictate, edit and sign medical records at the point of care, eliminating as much as $12,000 in annual transcription costs.
- Spend more time with patients. Increased accuracy means fewer errors to correct, which lets clinicians spend more time with patients, improving both quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Improve documentation. Documentation with Dragon Medical speech recognition technology – as opposed to notes built by point-and-click EHR templates alone – results in higher rates of reimbursement.
- Secure patient information. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Improve physician satisfaction. With Dragon Medical Practice Edition, physicians look forward to practicing medicine – and getting home in time for dinner.
- Increase reimbursement. A major study by a physician practice in the Northeast determined that using Dragon Medical with an EHR increases per-physician reimbursement by $10,000 per year per physician.
- Improves the speed and accuracy of documentation
- Accelerates physician EHR adoption
- Dramatically reduces transcription costs
- Allows physicians to spend more time with patients
- Captures the patient story in the clinician’s own words
- Supports higher level of reimbursement, lower number of denials
- Improves clinician satisfaction
- Supports HIPAA guidelines to protect patient confidentiality
- More accurate than ever
In clinical settings, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2 is over 20% more accurate than the previous version and over 60% more accurate than Dragon Professional 12 when used in clinical settings.
- Recognition speed
Dragon Medical Practice Edition improves recognition response time significantly.
- EHR support
Navigate and dictate inside EHR software: History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, and Assessment and Plan.
- Medical vocabularies
Covers nearly 90 specialties and sub-specialties.
- Regional accent support
Accented speakers get higher “out-of-the-box” recognition with advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models.
- Hidden mode
Dictate anywhere in the EHR, eliminating navigation between EHR screens and the notes window.
- Dragon Medical Template Library
Includes library of macros for standard notes and “medical normals” by body system.
- Smart configuration
Automatically detects hardware resources. It's state-of-the-art technology takes advantage of advances in hardware and runs in multiple threads automatically when multi-core hardware is detected for better recognition performance.
- Recognition analytics
Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user, offering advice to remedy the situation and improve accuracy.
Recommended System Requirements
- CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: 2 MB
- Free hard disk space: 5 GB
- RAM: 2 GB RAM for XP and Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7, 8 and 2008 64-bit/2012
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 (free download at www.microsoft.com) Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- USB or DVD-ROM drive required for installation Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008, SP1, SP2, and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit (Windows 2008 R2 64 bit SP2 ONLY)
- Microsoft® Word 2007, 2010 (32 & 64 bit), 2013 (32 & 64 bit)
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2007, 2010, 2013
- Microsoft® Excel® 2007, 2010, 2013
- WordPerfect® x5, x6
- Apache OpenOffice Writer 3.4
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
- RIA IE9
- Mozilla® Firefox® 8+
- RIA FF 12+
- RIA Google Chrome 16+
- Windows Live Mail
- Mozilla® Thunderbird™ x3 and up
- Lotus Notes 8.5
- FTC in Gmail and Hotmail thanks to RIA plug-in
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: How accurate is Dragon?
A: Up to 99% accuracy out of the box only after a few minutes of training.
Up to a 20% improvement to out-of-the-box accuracy compared to the previous version of Dagon.
Q: What are the system requirements?
A: Recommended Specs from the manufacturer:
CPU: Single-core 2.2ghz or Dual-core 1.8ghz with SSE2 Instruction Set and 2mb cache.
Memory: 2gb for 32 bit version of Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 Server 2008.
4gb for 64 bit version of Windows 7, 8, Server 2008.
Q: How many computers can Dragon be installed on?
A: The license is per speaker, not the computer. You may create multiple speech files on one computer.
Q: What version of Windows is supported?
A: Windows XP SP 3 (32 bit only), Vista SP2 (32 & 64 bit), 7 SP1 (32 & 64 bit), 8 & 8.1* (32 & 64 bit)
*Windows 8.1 is only supported by Dragon v12.5.1.
Q: Can I use Dragon Home or premium edition?
A: Only the medical edition will work with your EMR.
Q: Can I use Dragon Medical with an emulator for the MAC.
A. It is not supported but we have heard customers are doing it. However, you should purchase the MAC edition in case you need support.
Q: Can Dragon transcribe more than one voice?
A: No. Only one voice can be transcribed at any one time. Multiple voices will produce poor accuracy.
Q: Can DNS transcribe from a recorder?
A: Yes, The user's voice that is on the recorder has to have a previously trained profile in Dragon.
Q. Does Dragon Medical Practice allow for multiple input devices such as a headset and a digital recorder?
A. Yes, you should create a separate speech profile for each device.